Pages

Friday 25 March 2011

Let the sun shine


Oh yes, hasn't it been a glorious few days - I forgotten how good the sunshine makes you feel :D  This card was such an odd one for me as it had a new technique some really old card blanks that I had never used and black!  It always take me a bit to get my head used to 'new things'.  I used the thwumping technique ( I got a feeling I might have made up the name for that) where I coloured the stamp with my stampin markers and 'thwumped another darker marker sporadically over the flower head, THEN spritz it with water.  Well talk about using up all my techniking on one card LOL!

Hope it is sunny where you are - have a great weekend x

Supplies from Stampin' Up!
Stamps: because I care (hostess set), afterthoughts (hostess set) and friendly background stamp..  Ink: concord crush, crumb cake, blushing bride, pear pizazz and basic black.  Card stock: whisper white and basic black.  Paper: in colour designer series paper pack (hostess).  Ribbon: 1/8" taffeta black.

3 comments:

Suzie Q said...

Hey Emma,
im liking this thwumping technique amazing name for it made me chuckle!!!
great card sometimes its good to come out your comfort zone x
have a lovely sunshiney day!
Suzie Qx

Lynn said...

Never used that technique Emma, but it is stunning!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love this, what ever you did, you did it right