Pages

Monday 15 March 2010

A choir of angels sang



Morning all, I hope you do not mind but all I can jabber on today is my amazing weekend away in London. On Saturday afternoon at 2pm the beautiful Sarah and my Cousin Paul were married at St Paul's Cathedral - WOW what an experience! I was totally blown away by the awe inspiring chapel and not to mention the (send shivers down your spine) choir that sang so dramaticallyat the service.

It was back to the andaz hotel for drinks, canopes, speeches, followed by the poshest meal I have EVER had. You know the ones where all the staff come in at the same time and get the nod from the head waiter on when to place your plate on the table. People constantly topping up your water and wine - yippee!

Then for the most amazing surprise of all, when after the meal we were asked to go to the "temple" for drinks and music. Well you could have knocked me down with a feather - you should have seen this room OMG!! This room was recently discovered by surveyors when the hotel was taken over a few years ago, they were refurbishing it one of the surveyors could see on the plans that there was this room but they couldn't find it anywhere in the hotel. They went to the site of the room and had the builders smash down the walls only to reveal a masonic lodge!! which was completely untouched for maybe 100 years. This place was like nothing I had ever seen before, from the thrones to the marble columns, the ceiling in bright turquoise and gold astrological carvings. As you can imagine there were symbols and signs every - this place was like some find from Indiana Jones.

Anyway I have gone on a bit I'm sorry but that has to go down in the book as one of the most amazing days ever :D Have a great and see you tomorrow xx

Supplies from Stampin' Up!
Card stock: Not quite navy, very vanilla and kraft.
Ink: Creamy caramel, sage shadow and not quite navy.
Misc: Linen thread.
Other: Paper from Cosmo crickets boyfriend range. PTI buttons and just a note stamp set.

7 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Emma,
It sounds like you had the most amazing time ever - I'm very jealous - you'll have to post a couple of piccies for us all.
The card is fab - love it.
Take Care - Ju xx

Juls said...

this is just gorgeous!! It has a real rustic feel! Just Love it! Hugs Juls

Lesley Edmonds said...

Hi Emma,
Good grief that wedding came around quick, I thought it was ages yet! Glad everything went well and you all had a fantastic time. Sounds amazing.
Love teh card by the way lol!
Lesley x

Lynn said...

Your card is beautiful...and I'm so happy the wedding was amazing!!

Mandy said...

Emma, it sounds as though you had a fabulous time at the weekend. Lucky you, I bet it was all absolutely amazing.....any piccies??

Love your card today, the stitching looks great!

Mandy
x

cardsandacuppa said...

Sounds amazing Emma, I sooo hope you took loads of piccies??
Great card too btw ;0)
Hugs Sarah-Jane xxx

Aimes said...

OMG I betcha felt like royalty! If you've got any pics you've gotta share!!! I like that they kept topping up your wine (who needs water anyways ;D)
OK onto the card - *swoon* what a gorgeous combo of DP and stamps! I have a thing for stationary so this one is sooooo up my street! Love it!
Take care hun!
Love,
Aimes
x