Pages

Thursday 5 November 2009

The lunatics have taken over the asylum



Hee hee, oh dear you wouldn't believe the embarrassment and hassle this card has caused me. It all started when I realised that I hadn't taken a picture of this card and wanted to post it today. I have been in work at 8 all this week and it has been too dark to take, so in desperation I took the card and my camera to work yesterday to get a good shot. On my break out comes the camera with me running around the surgery looking for the 'sweet spot' to take it. Unbeknown to me I had been spotted by the Doctor half hanging out the window with two bits of copy paper, a handmade card and my camera trying to take a professional shot. LOL! if he hadn't given me the weirdest look! what must he have been thinking! I was speechless - how could I explain, what could I have said! I think we both must have thought maybe it's best to think we hadn't seen each other ha!


Hence the title for today, as I'm sure if he knew exactly what I was doing maybe he would have called for the men in white coats lol! I would also like to give a special mention to great blogging buds Aimes and Lesley, a big thank you to you both, Aimes for the fabulous blog award and Lesley for offering amazing blog candy of which I was the winner - yipeee. How lucky are we to part of such an amazing hobby and to have such generous and kind friends - so thank both so much.


Have a sane day & see you tomorrow xx

Supplies from Stampin' Up!
Stamp: A tree for all season and darling dots (hostess set).
Ink: Versamark, black stazon and earth elements stampin write marker for colouring.
Card stock: Kraft and very vanilla.
Misc: Chocolate chip wide striped grosgrain ribbon and linen thread.
Other: PTI sentiment and button from stash.

9 comments:

PinksyDoodles said...

Hi Emma,
Thank you for making me giggle with your story!
I love this card, it is fantastic, everything about it is perfect.
Have a lovely day.
Clare x

Mandy said...

Oh Emma, what a picture you must have been!! I have considered taking my cards into work before now just to be able to get a picture in good light.... They know I'm mad there so it would be ok lol!!!

Fab card, love the layout of this and that ribbon looks so darn gorgeous I really should have got some!

Have a lovely day

Mandy

Sparkle and Flourish said...

he he ! What we do to get a good shot of our cards!! You make me laugh! Your card was certainlyy worth the effort! Love all the browns and neutrals and that pretty little tree...altogether gorgeous!
Judy xxx

Kate Lewis said...

Ha ha, you had me giggling just picturing you! Just the sort of thing I'd do too! Gorgeous card hun, the ribbon goes so well with the kraft, have a sane day yourself m'dear! Love Kate xx

Juls said...

love the little tree image and how you have attached it to the ribbon, and the leaf design in the background is so delicate! Love it!

Lesley Edmonds said...

Oh Emma, that did make me laugh! I can picture it all LOL! Well worth the effort though - this card is adorable.
Lesleyx

Aimes said...

Tee Hee! Well now you know what it's like to be busted at work! Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago! Kids at school think I'm crazy (well I am!) and the staff don't even dare ask LOL!
Well worth the embarrassment to share this fabby card though - love that ribbon too!
Love,
Aimes
x

Lesley said...

Brilliant card - how did you do the ribbon? - Lesley x

Helen said...

You're doing some wonderful things with Kraft - must dig mine out! Loving the mental image of you at work, LOL