Pages

Monday 7 September 2009

With those needles and pins



Morning all, today's card is for a clean and simple challenge over at a passion for papertrey. I nearly didn't enter it as the theme suggested simple and as this was my first real attempt of cross stitch it wasn't that simple lol. I just couldn't get the scale right, after a bit of practice though I got into the swing of it and I enjoyed it so much I did another and I will show you it to you later this week :D

I would like to give a big thank you to the very lovely Aimes for nominating me for some blog awards - thank you sweetheart . I would also like to answer a question from 'Goldberry' who commented on my work from here asking where the flower stamp came from. It is a Stampin' Up! (surprise, surprise) hostess set called organic grace. It is available free to UK customers who spend over £150 along with a bonus £15 to spend on more goodies.

Have a great day & see you tomorrow (maybe with some sneak peaks of NEW Stampin' Up! goodies) xx

Supplies from Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Yummy (retired)
Ink: Stampin write earth elements markers.
Ribbon: Real red gingham.
Card: Real red.
Tools: Paper piercing template from the Crafters' tool kit.
Other: PTI kraft card stock, green tea leaves paper, evenweave embroidery linen and assorted DMC thread.

15 comments:

sugacatz said...

LOOOOVE IT! Emma this is so cute and your cross stitch looks fab. Well done. Lx

Julie said...

Hi Emma,
First of all can i say i'm sorry for not popping by much last week, I'm thinking i need a 26 hour day [like most mum's]
but second of all - what an amazing card - I love the scross stitched strawberry - it's brilliant.
Take Care and have a great day - Ju xx

Norunn said...

oh wow!!! gorgeous card! Your style is so delicious! :D

Karen said...

This is gorgeous! I love your cross stitched strawberry- so clever! Lovely layout too.Have a fab day x

Unknown said...

Clever you! Great card & love the x-stitching.

Jan x

Lesley Edmonds said...

I love this Emma,
I haven't cross stitched for year.
You've done really well. You mahy find it addictive LOL.
Lesley x

Unknown said...

Beautiful Emma! Love the cross stith and very 'in' and it seems materials on projects is the trend.

It's great to be back creating and blogging again and thanks for you lovely comments.

Can't wait to see what you've made with the pre-orders...I'm still waiting arrival of mine.

Jo
x

Sparkle and Flourish said...

wowzers!! love this!1 your wee strawberry looks brilliant and must have taken an age! Totally all round fab card!
Judy xx

Stephanie said...

You're too darn clever for your own good lol This is stunning :)
Hugs xxx

Lana Clarke said...

This is really different Emma and well done for even attempting...i keep well away from Needles and pins lol
Hugs
Lana x

Kate Lewis said...

Wow, Emma this is fabulous! Your creativity never ceases to amaze me! How fab is that stitching?! Thanks for playing along! Hugs Kate x

Aimes said...

OK so now you're officially a clever clogs! Cross stitch? What craft are you not capable of?! LOL!
Very juicy! Love it combined with the PTI paper - delicious!
Love,
Aimes
x

Juls said...

love the little cross stitch! such a gorgeous card love the mixed media!!

I am teaching a friend 7 year old daughter to do cross stitch! she keeps calling it "cross knitting" which I think is too cute!!

Hugs Juls

Karen M said...

Emma, this is beautiful. I love your cards so much and really look forward to seeing what you do next
Kx

Mandy said...

Love the needlework Emma!! fab card.

Mandy